Saturday, March 28, 2009

My Saviour's Love

This hymn is such an amazing song! I am teaching our church this song in the morning. Wow, just read the verses or sing them if you know the tune. The verse that really got me was: "He had no tears for His own griefs, but sweat drops of blood for mine". He really did deny everything, including his own feelings to die on the cross for me (us). Today our electricity was out for about 8 hours and today was the hottest day of the year here. Needless to say I was uncomfortable and a bit cranky at times. I am sure you can think of a time when you were physically uncomfortable, and it is no fun. We usually have a pity party and look for the fastest and easiest way to get comfortable. But Jesus had the opposite attitude when faced with incredible discomfort and pain for our sake: "He had no tears for His own griefs, but sweat drops of blood for mine". Praise and thanks be to Jesus, our Saviour for His Marvelous Love for us!!!

I stand amazed in the presence of Jesus the Nazarene
And wonder how He could love me,
A sinner, condemned, unclean.

How marvelous! How wonderful!
And my song shall ever be:
How marvelous!
How wonderful is my Savior’s love for me!

For me it was in the garden He prayed:
”Not My will, but Thine.”
He had no tears for His own griefs,
But sweat drops of blood for mine.

He took my sins and my sorrows,
He made them His very own;
He bore the burden to Calvary
and Suffered and died alone.

When with the ransomed in glory
His face I at last shall see,
‘twill be my joy through the ages
to sing of His love for me!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I have recently read your blog, and I must say how humbled I am by your experience. It brought tears to my eyes seeing Lilly and Aidan serving alongside the two of you. You are truly modeling how we are to be as parents and more importantly as servants of Christ. You are in our prayers.
By the way, you may not remember me, but I grew up with Renee and went to Hinds with Hannah.

Betty Hodge said...

Ive never heard that song but NOW gotta google it to get the tune in my head...LOVE the w3rd!!
Awesome Thanks for Sharing!!
Love you guys!