Sunday, March 8, 2009

God of this City

I (we) have been struggling with being so busy here with "work" stuff that I have almost forgotten why we are here. Not just why we are here in Belize but more importantly why we are here on Earth. God has used several things to reminded me AGAIN of the reason, including His word and preaching. Another thing God often uses speak to me personally is through music. One song the spirit of God has been singing my soul for the past 6 months in particular is the song "God of this City" (which by the way of you have not heard the story behind the song, google it... it is AWESOME). I believe the "city" is "where" you are. The area where you have influence. The "city" in this song can include family, work, school, church, neighborhoods... Our city right now is right here in Belize. Our "city" will one day change but the call to tell that city about God will not. I have a renewed passion and vigor to show the love and saving grace of Jesus to every person, regardless of status or condition, not just in action (deed) but also with my mouth (word). You too have a 'city' that needs be shown and told the same. "For there is no one like our God... greater things have yet to come and greater things are still to be done in this city..."

No comments: