Monday, March 9, 2009

Multicultural birthday party

Yesterday the kids were invited to a birthday party for a girl who was turning three. Her family is from New Zealand. Her father is an engineer who is working on completing the paving of the final 10 miles of the southern highway that goes from Belize City to Punta Gorda. It was a really neat experience. There were Belizean kids there of course but there was also a family from South Africa (who manage a jungle resort nearby). It was definitely a multicultural event. The kids had a blast (and we enjoyed meeting new people). Check out the video of Lily dancing!

Check out Aidan catching some air trying to get the candy out of Dora! Who says white boys can't jump??

Needless to say they were successful!

2 comments:

Betty Hodge said...

Too CUTE!! She can really shake it!
Olivia LOVES to dance, ofcoarse she thinks she is ALL that too! I would love to put her into dance classes but WHO has time for that? I often wonder how these Moms that work manage multiple kids in different sports. I DONT think I could do that, I stay to stressed enough!
Cute pic of Aiden too!

Polson family said...

Thanks Betty,
We plan to let Lily take dance at some point when we return even though I know time will be an issue.
I just know she would love it so much and she has never been in anything...HP