Thursday, November 13, 2008

Where do I start?

Sorry for there being such a gap between my last blog and now... we have be very, very, very busy. Too busy really. A lot has occurred in the past days so let me quickly catch you guys up. Roynel and the other little boy (Vicente) were able to get their surgeries this past Monday and I hear they are both doing well. I will try to get some after surgery pictures up when I can. We have been very busy this week, the whole Hillside team is really. This weekend is the dedication of Abby's house, our new dorm that will house all students and short term volunteers that come here. Abby Brinkman was a medical student that was here 3 years ago and was killed in a tragic swimming/boating accident one weekend. Her parents have raised funds to build this dorm in her honor. So for the dedication, most of the Hillside Board members and many guests from the states are coming in this weekend. This week nursing students from the states also came in and all their activities comsume ALOT of my time. This is all on top of the other responsibilities we have. Needless to say, we have been at times overwhelmed this week. I think (hope) things will calm a bit after next week. Lets see, what else. I know there is much more to tell you about but I am running short on time so this will have to do for now. We will likely be moving into the "tree house" on the clinic compound next week so we may have a little more internet availability.

So, what's up in your world? I would love you to reply to this post and let me know how you are and what all is going on...

2 comments:

Betty Hodge said...

Sounds like you have your hands full. I assume the kids are doing well?
Things are great for us. Mike actually made it to a couple or 3 parenting classes/focus groups at Church. It was great. Jim & Elyssa have great advise. I think Mike related the classes being ok to how many kids they have/are raising, so he could see where they were coming from. I just PRAY that he will 1 day sooner than later fall to his knees for Jesus!! He actually has been working out of town a lot, their Mill has slowed down, so ofcoarse when there is more $$ to be made, Mike is gonna go for it. Which isn't a bad thing with this econmy.
I was pretty depressed about the election but Bro Freddis word last Sunday really helped me come to terms with it. If you ever get enough internet time or down time you should check to see if it is uploaded on the website.
Olivia turned 4 last week. She felt so special, we also got about 5" cut off or her hair...YES Hannah her curls are GONE..sniff sniff I miss seeing her pretty curls but it is SO much easier to take care of now.
Oh I am not sure if you know but I resigned from my old job, LONG story but I listened to God and got away from there. I took a few weeks off to get my house in order and to spend time with the kids. Then I went to work in Pearl doing accounting. Its a job where I do my job til its time to leave, go back the next morning and start where I left off. No pressure, no politics, no cut throat sales. This morning in our meeting it was asked by my manager if anyone had a problem with us starting an every morning prayer time. I thought that was awesome.
hrmm I guess that sums most of it up.
OH the boys...Nick well he is just Nick, my well mannered, easy going, giving lil man...however he is getting girl crazy fever. As for Chance, we hope to place him in Camp Shelby in January, I think that will help him mature and learn to respect authority, help him get his ged and much more that he is lacking. The poor boy has been thru so much, but we are spinning our wheels here. He is actually excited about the Camp. So we shall see.
Oh btw every morning we pray for your family. 1 day last week I forgot to mention your family. when I said Jesus name amen, Olivia said um Mommy don't you think you need to pray for them? I was like them who, she said...she named all of you...I said yes I am sorry, we always want to remember them...she said yup cuz I sure do miss em.

Terri and Larry said...

Hey guys! It is so great to be able to keep up with you and see the pictures of where you are and the kids. They look so much bigger and more grown up already.

Renee has been keeping me up to date on you and telling me about the challenges you have faced over there. I know it has not all been easy but I know that God has equipped you to handle everything and to do what He sent you to do.

I wanted you to know that the worship team is really doing well. David Mitchell has really come into his own on the bass and done a fantastic job!! Robin is finally coming out and singing confidently and speaking to the congregation. Larry Creason just started on the drums. He is only practicing with us for now until he is ready for a service. We are FINALLY starting to sound like one cohesive team. It is not the same as when we were all together, it is different but we are getting our flow and starting to really have some wonderful time in God's presence. We do say at least once at every practice, "this is how we did it with James." We will always be grateful to what you taught in the area of worship!!

Well keep us posted on what you all do. It really great to be able to hear it!! Take care of yourselves and know that we all miss you and pray for you!!

Terri