Saturday, June 6, 2009

Prayer for Blades

I would please ask all for you to pray for a man known as "Blades." He was paralyzed from the neck down after falling down some stairs in January. As a result of his immobility, he has developed a very large and complicated, life threatening, wound on his backside.

Hannah and I have been diligently caring for him daily for the past 2 weeks since he was released from the hospital. He ran fever everyday for the first 12 days or so, but "Thank God" as Blades put it yesterday, he has not had any fever in 3 days since I changed him to a very strong (donated) antibiotic that is not available here in Belize!! His wound is still infected but we may be seeing signs of slow healing. He asked me yesterday, "Doc (what he calls me), this can heal right?" I was honest and told him once again that yes it can but it is going to take a lot of "TLC" (time, love and care) and prayer. He believes God will see him through this and I would ask that you believe the same thing with us and remember Blades in your prayers. Thanks!

2 comments:

Betty Hodge said...

praying for Mr. Blades...what a cool name huh?

Anonymous said...

Praying...for Mr. Blades AND you!