Monday, June 15, 2009

Grace tells another story

I have been recently reminded again just how awesome our Grace giving God is. Here's the story...

The other night Hannah and I were sitting on our bed (listening to some tunes) at the end of a long hot day, exhausted and really feeling bummed about the lives some people choose to live. There are so many hurting people out there in really desperate situations in the middle of terrible, even unthinkable circumstances, that on the surface appear that they will never change and never get to a better place. Anyways, like I was saying, we were sitting there, probably wallowing a bit, when this song randomly played from iTunes. I know I must have heard this song before but in this very moment I "heard" it for the first time.

Grace tells another story by MercyMe

They say don’t waste your time

You simply cannot find
An ounce of good within the heart of man
They say we’ve got to lay
In the bed we’ve made
And live this life without a second chance
But I’m inclined to say
There must be something more

We’ve been told that the heart is just too far gone to save
But grace tells us another story
Where glory sends hopelessness away
Oh grace tells us another story


They say we cannot change
There is no other way
Get used it cause this is all there is
They say don’t raise your voice
Cause we don’t have a choice
We’re dealt this hand so learn to live with it
Well I have to believe
There must something more

WOW! "We've been told that the heart is just too far gone to save, but Grace, tells us another story!" That was the line that just exploded in my spirit. Sometimes I know we give up on people and situations that seem hopeless too quickly. For us, this was a gentle yet POWERFUL reminder to not give up! To Keep praying, to keep loving, to keep being there. One thing I often ask myself is "where would I be if it were not for grace?" In Romans 5:20 it says "But where sin increased, grace increased all the more."

So if circumstances or the situation or even someone tells you that things will not change, remember that Grace tells us another story! Thank you God for your loving Grace that you freely give to anyone who asks! I encourage you to listen to this song and I pray it brings you encouragement and lifts your spirit! Here's a link to the song in video format http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6VKwGuhS2k

1 comment:

Betty Hodge said...

James
Thanks for sharing the link/song. Mike has told me that going to the Lancasters is a waste of my time because they dont want to help themselves. Instead of agruing with him I go with...maybe...but...what if maybe not and leave it at that. This song should be their theme song!!
Too....at times I have wondered if Mike was too far gone to save, that maybe his heart had hardened so hard against God that it might be too late. However I do see God in him sometimes... its not often but God IS working on him. Its not in my time cuz my time would be NOW but thats ok because I KNOW Gods Grace can change his heart.
I think sometimes too that we dont reach out because our hearts dont feel like this song. Its easy to say it but to feel it enough to step out in Faith because I know I have kept to myself when I saw someone that I felt was too far gone..ya know...it was a what a shame kinda thing...like... I hate that they choose to live so badly types of moments.
Glad this song touched you the way it did too. Honestly most of the world thinks people like you that go and give so much of your lives are wasting your time, most would just write off that part of the Country.... So you have already been living this song anyway!!
Thanks for still being an inspiration!!!