Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Lily's tooth

Today a momentous thing occurred (and no I am not talking about the presidential inauguration), Lily pulled her first tooth out! She has been trying to pull it out for the past few days after I told her that contrary to popular belief (8/10 5 year olds believe this I think), her tooth was not just going to "fall" out without some help. Well she finally did it this afternoon (with a LOT of encouragement)! It had not been out 5 minutes before she quickly placed it under her pillow. We celebrated by going out to eat (she got a hot dog) and we all got an ice cream treat. I can't believe our baby lost her first tooth...

I should have a video up about the whole ordeal soon that I think you will find entertaining.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my goodness!!! give lily a HUMONGOGINORMOUS hug from her aunt pam & tell her i am so proud of her!!! whooohooo!!! what an uuuhhhhmazing entertaining video!!! i luuuuuuuved it!!! i was cringing when she was tryin to pull that tooth & smilin so big when it came out...the look on her face was priceless!!!!! luuuuved the credits!!! & oh how wonderful was the blog on the children singing was!!! ain't nuttin better than children praising GOD with their whole hearts!!!!!!!!!! luv u guys so much & pray for u every single day!!!

Naomi said...

I cannot believe that your child is old enough to pull teeth. And Yes, I cried, we'll blame that on pregnancy hormones, a cold and stress. Love you all. Great job Lily!

macoyfamily said...

Tell Lily that Grace just pulled one too! Her saga was not near as dramatic or documented though she was excited about her reward. Hard to believe thay are big enough to pull teeth! Give em a hug from al of us! Miss you!

Betty Hodge said...

Telly Lily she did an awesome job! Olivia was telling her in the video just do it Lily! lol The part of the vid that got me was on the porch where she said I can't believe you are doing this to me! Ha that was classic!
Hope you guys are doing well! We Love yall!