Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful, but not worthy

When I think about all I have been given and blessed with, my heart burst with thanksgiving! Gratitude first and foremost to Jesus for saving me from death. Where would my life be without His grace. To my family, including but not limited to Hannah, the love of my life, Lily and Aidan, you have changed my life forever and I love you both for it. My parents, for leading me by example, not only in my childhood, but even today. The training and education you offered me provides for my family daily. My sisters (and their families), I am so excited that we all are better friends now than when we all lived together as kids! To my Yates family: I could never imagine having better in-laws or bro-sister in-laws than you guys! And of course to all my friends both here and abroad. You all have influenced my life, making me to the person I am today.

WOW, how blessed I am! But I am not worthy. I do not deserve my family or friends. I do not deserve God's grace... But I suppose if I did deserve them, all of the above would not be gifts, but rather things I worked for and earned. You see, that is the wonder of God. Unmatched gifts to unworthy people. So as I enjoy this thanksgiving and as we enter this Christmas season, let us not forget why we are thankful, why we love, why we give... Happy Thanksgiving all!

No comments: