Sunday, September 13, 2009

The heat is on...

Man is it HOT! It has rained very little in the past 5 days which is the only thing that knocks down the heat to a survivable level... Of course the outside temperature is not the only "heat" we are experiencing. We will return to the states in less than 2 weeks and we still do not have any concrete job or plans as of today... I sure like it when God leads by opening lots of doors and let's me choose which one best suits us, but God does not quite work that way. Lately he has been shutting doors, which I do not like. BUT, regardless of what I like or dislike, we are determined to let God lead and not become desperate. A new buddy of mine just tonight said that "people in a famine grasp at anything to eat, even if it is bad for them". This is totally true and while we are far from being in a physical famine, we are experiencing some serious hunger pangs for God's voice, and I don't want to grasp and do something or go somewhere just because I am hungry to do something without knowing it is from God. So while we wait (which is easier said than done), please continue to pray for God's direction because I know what God will provide is just what we need!

2 comments:

Betty Hodge said...

You are such a Wise Man,Leader, Family Man.... God will show you the way to lead your Family into this next chapter in your walk for him! I know you know this... I pray for patience!!
Cant wait to see you guys!!! Much Love!!
Oh I LOVE the You Better Bealize it! LOL

Anonymous said...

There's a verse in Isaiah that I love that says: "whether you turn to the
right or to the left...you will hear a voice behind you saying this is the
way; walk in it." My prayer for you; that God will clearly direct...