Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Rest for the weary

We spent this past weekend in Placencia, a small peninsula north of us. We had not planned on taking a break this soon but since Monday was a holiday we took advantage of the long weekend. Another reason we chose to go now is that there are two key personnel (natives of Belize) of the clinic and one long term volunteer that are all leaving the clinic within the next few weeks. We knew the one volunteer was leaving (we are taking on her responsibilities), but we just found out about the head nurse and clinic manager were leaving for other jobs. Anyways, we figured that things were about to become even more busy and ever harder for us to get away so we jumped at this opportunity. We had a really great time. No technology (well except out ipods), no stress, just plenty of God’s beautiful nature and our sweet family. Some student nurses and another volunteer family also stayed near by for the weekend. We really rested and got re-energized for our mission here!

Check out our vid about it!

This week Hannah is back to her clinic responsibilities and I am learning how to coordinate the student nurse portion of the clinic. The head nurse who is leaving does this now, so I suppose I will take this on too until she is replaced. Next week we will pretty much “be on our own” so to speak. I think we are ready…

2 comments:

Betty Hodge said...

That Vid brought tears to my eyes. I have to admit even though I know you all are in Gods hands, I have been a little worried about yall. I know I shouldn't and won't anymore. Looks like yall had a well deserved family fun time. Good for yall! The song, Glorious is Olivia favorite song so she was stoked that you had it playing with the pics.

Renee said...

I love, love, love the video. The kids wanted to watch it over and over again. Addison says it's not fair, you guys are getting to play on the beach all the time, having so much fun, seeing all kids of new things and living in a cute little colorful house. I had to remind her why you guys are really there and your not getting to play all the time. I think it's GREAT you were able to get away and have some fun family time. Lily and Aidan looked like they were having so much fun. It looks so nice, I wish we were there hanging out with you guys, but until then, we are going to keep checking the blog and watching the videos.
We love you!
Renee