Monday, June 23, 2008

Care-free dancing


Bro. Freddie presented some great teaching and insight yesterday on how "worry" will kill your joy. This was a very timely word for me as God has been dealing with me about this over the past few weeks. I have been carrying a lot of "stress" for the past many months and I have essentially handed Satan my joy. One of Lily and my favorite songs is the "Cinderella Song" by Steven Curtis Chapman. We love to dance together and sing to the top of our voices. The opening lines goes: "she swings and she sways, to whatever song plays, without a care in the world; and I'm sitting here wearing the weight of the world on my shoulders". I can relate to this so much. So many people (myself included) allow the cares of this world to steal "our joy for today". I want to be 100% present to my family and friends, but this is not possible when I "worry" about the past and/or future. The funny thing is that we named Lily with inspiration from the passage from Matthew 6 "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these".

I was thinking on these things on my drive to work this morning and an old song from my childhood came to mind; "I cast all my cares upon You, I lay all of my burdens, down at Your feet, and anytime I don't know, what to do, I will cast all my cares upon You". I commit and I hope you will also, to cast my cares upon Him, for he cares for me (us), and dance care-free and enjoy the blessings of God today, "...for all too soon, the clock will strike midnight, and she'll be gone."

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own (Matthew 6:34 NIV)".

2 comments:

ddebbiegirl said...

I enjoyed reading your blog today. "Worry" takes up a big part of my life. I worry about "everything" ALL THE TIME. I feel like I'm waiting for this breakthrough so I can truly lay it all in God's hands. What a wonderful day that will be!! Love you all and you continue to be such an inspiration to me.

cathyb said...

I too felt like Brother Freddie's message released me from some things that I have been holding onto for far too long and allowing to steal my joy! I have been seeking the "way" but it always seemed the mountain was too big! But through the words I heard Sunday God revealed to me that I had made it big, not Him!! I feel as if I have taken back what the devil stole from me for quite a while!

I felt like communion at the end was perfect and gave me the ability to truly lay it at His feet!