Saturday, August 1, 2009

Nearing an end and a beginning

I cannot believe that yesterday marked 8 weeks until we will be back in the U.S. from our year here in Belize! Unbelievable! I am sure we will not truly understand all that God has and is teaching us through this experience until a later time. Humility, faith and patience are a few life lessons we have learned, but I know we will glean much more from our time here. God has and continues to be so good to us. Just allowing us this opportunity, and even more the honor of showing Him to these precious people.

But just as we are nearing an end here, we are also nearing the beginning of something new and fresh in our life. (Now if God would only show us what exactly this "new thing" is, we would be set)! We honestly do not have any set plans for when we return at the end of September. We have some ideas, but nothing concrete. So please pray with us that God would make our path known to us.

You will make known to me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; In Your right hand there are pleasures forever." Psalm 16:11 (NASB)

2 comments:

Betty Hodge said...

I have been and will continue to pray for Gods Path for your family. Im anxious myself to know!! You spoke of the changes that you see now in yourselves.. WoW imagine how much more you can teach, minister and love with this Wisdom!! I am excited to see the work that you will do when you get back and the fire in both of you.

Today at Church...man the Worship was so moving...I know you know this song but I have sang it all day. It reminds me of a love song to Jesus...the 1 that thing made this song so much better today? I had 1 had raised to the Lord and the other was holding my husbands hand!!!
The more i seek you,
the more i find you
The more i find you, the more I love you

I wanna sit at your feet
drink from the cup in your hand.
Lay back against you and breath, here your heart beat
This love is so deep, it's more than I can stand.
I melt in your peace, it's overwhelming

Betty Hodge said...

James... I am so sorry to hear about your GrandFather... My Prayers are with you and your entire family right now.
Love you guys
Betty