Monday, August 25, 2008

Hillsong United



WOW! Hannah and I had such an awesome experience this weekend. I think God used this weekend to speak into us and to fire us up for this coming year! It is such a cool thing to worship passionately with 6,000+ people who are fired up about God and His plan. We sang so loudly and worshiped so hard that I nearly lost my voice and Hannah could hardly get out of bed the next morning! We also heard some really powerful and timely words from God from Brian and Joel Houston, Phil Dooley, and others!



One thing I love about Hillsong United is their focus on the inseparable connection between worship and justice. As many of you know, this is the heart of my family. To worship God with all that we are , not only with songs, but also with action. The action in our heart is to provide health care to those who do not have access to it. Our prayer is that Jesus would be seen and be lifted high through our words and actions.



I realized just how much I miss "leading" the church in worship musically this weekend. Boy do I miss it! I pray that one day I will have the opportunity to do it again. Although I know that God has called me to be a worship "leader", I realize that for now, the stage on which I lead has changed. My prayer is that I continue to lead the church in worship as we are His hands and feet in foreign lands. Though we might be many miles apart, you too will be His hands and feet so that our hearts and hands might me raised together in praise and adoration to the One Great God!

1 comment:

Betty Hodge said...

Your an inspiration to us all.
At 1st I bummed that you guys, then several others stepped down at Church. Then I realized that we were too dependent on all of you as leaders, that it was time for others to step up and lead. I am now the leader over the 10-12yr girls and I feel inspired that I will have such an impact on them.
I do pray and know that God will keep our Church strong, no matter how hard we all need to be shaken right now to get inspired and fired up for God, I Know it will happen and I can't wait!
I love you all!!